Symptoms that suggest bone disease or hidden fractures, problems with the thyroid, liver or kidneys, as well as evidence of digestive problems are among a variety of medical situations for which a special category of imaging procedures called nuclear medicine can provide diagnostic insights and treatments.
We provide nuclear medicine technology and therapy for the diagnosis, treatment and management of many disease processes to support our colleague physicians in a full range of specialties, among them oncology, pulmonology, cardiology, endocrinology and neurology.
Our nuclear medicine team offers state-of-the-art technology to image the brain, heart, lungs, thyroid, bone and other organs, as well as whole-body imaging using both SPECT scanning and whole-body PET scanning.
A special focus at Progressive Physician Associates is oncology imaging, for which we use the latest FDA-approved radiopharmaceuticals with the best GE scanners available in the market today. Our 11 imaging systems offer the latest software to help acquire and process imaging data which is then sent to radiologists from the Progressive Physician Associates team who have specialized training in nuclear medicine.
The Division of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging works closely with many other specialties to help coordinate care and determine the best treatment options for each patient. It does so with an emphasis on achieving the best outcome with the lowest possible radiation dose or exposure.
We offer a wide range of procedures which may help diagnose, stage or treat a wide variety of conditions. These include:
- Brain imaging to diagnose disease such as Alzheimer’s disease or Parkinsonism
- Cardiac imaging to look for signs of coronary artery disease or evaluate ventricular function
- Musculoskeletal disease such as occult fractures or metastatic disease
- Genitourinary system conditions such as renal failure or obstruction
- Pulmonary system imaging to evaluate for emboli or lung cancer
- Gallbladder imaging to evaluate the organ for dysfunction or acute inflammation
- Infection imaging to identify an unknown source of infection
We also offer a molecular therapy team, to help patients navigate through the individualized therapy process for a variety of disease entities.
- Radioiodine therapy for thyroid cancer and Hyperthyroidism
- Radioimmunotherapy for Lymphoma
- Radiotherapy for the treatment of bone pain